You can find a lot of surprisingly versatile ingredients in your kitchen. One of them is baking soda, certainly the most useful when it comes to cleaning many parts of the house. Like magic, it penetrates through fat deposits and stains, so it comes as no surprise that even professional cleaners often use it.
If during your house cleaning in Humble, TX, you need a trick to bring your home to perfection, keep reading. Find out what you can achieve with baking soda and what techniques to use.
How do you clean with baking soda?
The advantages of cleaning with baking soda are that it is multi-purpose and you can use it on a daily basis and in different places around the house. Let’s go in order:
- The bathroom
- Cleaning the shower: Pour a couple of drops of dishwashing liquid on a damp cloth and add a small amount of baking soda. You can now wash shower walls with this mixture. Sprinkle baking powder on the floor, pour dishwashing liquid over it, and scrub with a brush. Wash your shower curtains using a microfiber with baking soda on it. Finally, rinse everything thoroughly with warm water. If you still do not get the desired glow in your shower, maybe it’s time to turn to the experts.
- Unclog drains: If you have trouble draining water in the sink or elsewhere, try this trick before reaching for commercial drainers. Pour a spoon or two of baking soda into the drain and pour boiling vinegar over it. After ten minutes or so, rinse with boiling water.
- Scrub all around: Use a warm damp cloth to scrub the sink or faucet to which you have previously applied baking soda.
- Cleaning the grout: If warm water and baking soda are not enough to remove stains and clean the grout, you can try adding bleach. But be careful when cleaning some surfaces with bleach.
- Deep clean your washing machine: Pour a cup of baking soda into the detergent section and run one wash cycle with hot water. Do this on a monthly basis and your laundry will always be freshly scented.
- The kitchen
- Clean the grease: Add one teaspoon of baking soda to your greasy dishes. Pour boiling vinegar and let it sit for half an hour. Cleaning has never been easier.
- Scrub your oven: Make a paste by mixing baking soda with water or vinegar. Sprinkle it everywhere inside the oven. Let it sit until the next day, but occasionally spray it with water so that it does not dry out completely. Wipe the mixture with a cloth or sponge, turn on the oven for an hour, and wipe again.
- Shiny stainless steel: Baking soda and warm damp cloth. The least effort for the greatest shine.
- Clean stove top: Make a mixture of baking soda and warm water, spread it across the stove top and leave it for a few minutes. Wipe it with a dry cloth and you are done.
- Remove smells from the refrigerator: Clean the inside of your refrigerator with a blend of baking soda and dish soap. Scrub it with a sponge and wipe away with warm water. Your compartments will be germ-free.
- Other uses
- Get rid of carpet stains: Sprinkle a teaspoon of baking soda on the stain, leave it for a few minutes, then vacuum it. Dip a cloth into a mixture of warm water and vinegar and gently wipe the stain, going from the edges to the center.
- Eliminate unpleasant odor in shoes: Simply put a small amount of baking soda in your shoes, leave it for half an hour, and wipe it or vacuum it up.
- Remove dirt from painted surfaces: Gently rub baking soda with a damp sponge, remove dirt, and wipe it with a clean and dry cloth.
What can you not clean with baking soda?
Although there are many things where this ingredient can be effective and useful, there are a few things in which it should not be used. Cleaning dirty marble with baking soda is probably a bad idea. These are the items where you do not want to use baking soda as a cleaning agent:
- Wooden furniture and floors
- Antique silver
- Gold plated dishes
Keep in mind that baking soda is not very good for your skin, so always wear rubber gloves.
Where can I schedule a thorough house cleaning in Humble, TX?
Why would you choose to spend a day cleaning, when you could visit Hirsch Memorial Park with your family? Relax and enjoy, and leave the hard work to experienced professionals.
That’s Clean Maids is here to assist you in getting the sparkling clean home you deserve. Your maids will wipe and scrub every inch of your home. We appreciate your time and we’ll be more than happy to match you with the finest cleaners in the area should you give us a call. Call us today!