Want to learn how to clean your carpets like a pro? No problem! If you have motivation to clean, you can achieve anything! To make your sink shine or quickly declutter your space, gather top tips from the finest maids in Katy, TX and the surrounding area.
Knowing efficient cleaning tricks can prove to be very helpful. You could almost say it does half the work for you. Another key point when it comes to cleaning is knowing your supplies, tools and modern cleaning techniques.
As for cleaning your carpets, there are a few things to keep in mind to make sure they’re fresh and free from allergens.
How do I clean my carpets myself?
A carpet is a welcome addition to your home and for many good reasons: it softens slips and falls, muffles noise, provides comfort and warms the room, adding to its beauty and style. Nowadays carpets are nearly indestructible, resisting staining and fading, and standing their ground even under heavy objects.
Still, cleaning your carpet is essential as it can affect your and your family’s health, hiding a great number of indoor allergens. The best carpet cleaning method is determined based on your cleaning goals. Basic carpet cleaning that needs to be done at least two times a week is vacuuming. If you have pets, scratch that: you should vacuum daily to eliminate hair, dander, dirt and small allergens.
What is the best method for cleaning carpets?
There isn’t a universal answer to this question as the best method for carpet cleaning will depend on your cleaning purpose, as well as the situation at hand, your carpet’s color permanence, sensitivity of fibers etc.
When vacuuming your carpet:
- Make sure you remove any obstacles that could get in the way of the vacuum cleaner.
- Make good use of vacuum cleaner attachments and get to those difficult to reach areas, including carpet and baseboard edges, areas under sofas, etc.
- Vacuum in both directions, horizontally and vertically, to make sure you’ve covered every fiber, nook and cranny.
When removing stains:
- Minimize the risk of damaging your carpet by using cleaning tools and supplies appropriate for the stain you’re dealing with.
- Before you start working on a stain, test the cleaning product on a smaller part of the carpet that’s usually out of sight. If the carpet color fades or the product leaves a new stain, try another one.
- Remember that with carpet cleaning, it’s better to use a small amount of a product because any soap that remains inside the carpet will attract dirt and only make the stain bigger than it was in the first place.
- Avoid too much scrubbing so as not to ruin the delicate fibers by pushing the stain further in.
- Never drench the carpet with water if you don’t want trouble with mold and mildew. With bigger stains, you can use a fan to dry the area once you’ve finished cleaning and wiping with a clean cloth.
When shampooing your carpet:
- Prepare your carpet for shampooing by vacuuming thoroughly and spot-treating larger stains. Don’t skip this step as even though the shampooer banishes grime, it could set stains more deeply.
- If you can, get a carpet cleaner that has a built-in heating core that keeps the water hot.
- Start cleaning from the part of the room that’s furthest from the entrance and move towards the door, so you won’t be trapped when you’re done. After the cleaning treatment, no one should walk on the carpet until it dries completely.
- Follow the directions on the bottle when preparing the cleaning solution.
- Wear socks or plastic bags over your feet instead of slippers or shoes to avoid adding the dirt from your shoes to the damp carpet.
- Open the windows and doors to air dry your carpet quicker. To prevent mold from forming, do whatever you can think of to dry the carpet within 24 hours.
Experienced maids in Katy, TX keep your home sparkling clean
Isn’t the weather fine and inviting, perfect for spending all day playing sports in Katy City Park? Why not take your kids out and have fun, and let the pros worry about the cleaning?
That’s Clean Maids is here for you whenever you need us! We care about your satisfaction and safety, so you can rest assured that the cleaning experts we match you with are fully vetted, insured, and ready for any cleaning challenge.
If a sparkling clean home is what you’re looking for, book with That’s Clean Maids today! You’ll simply love the cleaners we send your way.