Marble is known to be a magnificent and luxurious material that gives every space splendor. Therefore, like any special possession, it requires a careful approach to cleaning and maintenance. This beautiful natural stone will shine in your hallway, kitchen or bathroom, and it is a long-lasting solution that will enhance the aesthetic appeal of your home.
Of course, in order to dazzle every visitor, it must be properly cleaned, which comes with its own fair share of difficulties. This material requires special care to ensure protection and prevent damage and scratches. Your home in Humble, TX will benefit from expert house cleaning because professional cleaners can properly maintain your natural stone using their knowledge and experience. However, if you decide to clean it yourself, there are several things to know about this material.
What are the don’ts of marble cleaning?
Marble is very susceptible to staining. It can also be easily scratched and damaged even by something as simple as using the wrong cloth. This means it should be cleaned with special techniques. In general, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Do not use bleach. Marble is one of the materials that can be damaged by bleach.
- Do not apply vinegar, other acidic cleaners, lemon, and similar citrus fruit.
- Do not use rust removing solutions (they also contain acid).
- Do not use products that have a granular composition, similar to sand.
- Do not use baking soda for cleaning marble.
- Do not use sponges with a hard surface.
- Do not use alkaline or basic agents.
How do you clean dirty marble?
What you can use to clean is a mild and soft soap that is pH neutral (pH7). Make a mix of warm water and a little soap and apply on marble using a microfiber cloth. Wipe gently and then rinse immediately with clean water. Alternatively, you can also use special store-bought products.
In most cases, a microfiber mop or a vacuum cleaner will remove the dirt. If you use a vacuum cleaner, make sure that its wheels do not scratch the surface. As a rule of thumb, keep in mind that any liquid (especially if it is alcohol or some citrus juice) should be picked up with napkins or towels as soon as possible. According to the Natural Stone Institute, absorb instead of wiping and try to rinse as soon as possible.
In the bathroom, after you thoroughly clean your shower and make it shine, use a squeegee to pick up soap and water from marble surfaces. You can also use a steam cleaner, but be sure to wipe and dry the stone well afterwards.
How do you remove stains from marble?
Although you will not be able to remove all the stains every time, you will be able to remove most of them in one of the following ways:
- Use a solution of 12% hydrogen peroxide into which you could pour a few drops of ammonia. This is effective on stains from food, wine, coffee or pet urine.
- Use acetone and rinse immediately if the stain is caused by milk, cosmetics or oil.
- Use lacquer thinner very carefully to remove stains from ink or paint.
If you notice any marks on the surface, you can take a tennis ball and rub it lightly
Who is the #1 Humble, TX house cleaning company?
Are you overworked and exhausted? Does taking the time out of your busy schedule to clean seem almost impossible? Leave cleaning to the experts, read a good book and enjoy some peace and quiet at Harris County Public Library.
That’s Clean Maids is here to match you with top-of-the-line cleaning experts and will handle your housework with utmost care and dedication. We aim to enhance customer experience every time and all you need to do is schedule an appointment. Call us now!