Mishaps happen to all, so even your well trained, obedient dog can accidentally pee on the carpet. The question is: how do you eliminate dog urine from carpet? It’s not quite the same thing as washing your sheets after being sick, is it? Wherever the deed was done, the key is to react quickly, take care of the mess as soon as possible, before a stain or odor decides to stay.
Naturally, you can always hire top-of-the-line cleaning service in Spring so you don’t have to worry about dog urine, deal with ceramic tiles cleaning or even think about how to clean when sick. Professional cleaners know every trick in the book, so even if you want to clean by yourself, stealing a couple of tips might be a good idea.
How do you clean dog urine?
If your dog peed on the carpet or any item made of fabric, here’s what you can do to prevent the mess from getting worse:
- Use paper towels to absorb the moisture. Put them on top and, if possible, under the affected area.
- Place newspaper layers above it all and press them until they soak most of the urine up.
- Dispose of papers before rinsing the critical spot with clean, cold water.
- Use fresh paper towels to soak up the water excess. These will most likely stink, which means you’re doing a good job at extracting most of the unpleasant smell and urine out of the fabric.
- To make sure you’ll completely get rid of the nasty smell, disperse a thin layer of baking soda over the wet location and leave it there for a night. Baking soda is amazing for eliminating smells and stains.
- Vacuum the whole area as many times as necessary until it seems absolutely clean.
Another hands-on approach to cleaning urine is employing a homemade vinegar and baking soda concoction. All you need for this mixture is one cup of distilled white vinegar, one cup of water, 2 teaspoons of baking soda, and a spray bottle to apply it with.
How can I remove dog urine odor from my carpet?
Now, that’s all very well, but what if it’s been a while before I noticed what happened, you may ask. How do I clean it then, and how do I get rid of the stench?
With dried urine stains on your carpet you could try one of the following cleaning methods:
Rinse the problematic area only with water, then blot it with paper towels. Repeat the process using clean warm water and fresh towels until you see results. A wet vac can also be used for this purpose, but don’t use a steam cleaner, as its heat would have the opposite effect: it’d set the stain and smell deep into the carpet.
If water and blotting won’t help save the day, consider using an enzyme cleaner to eradicate the foul smell. Bio-based cleaners are very precise, built to deal with a specific type of stains, so make sure to select the one that’s intended for pet stains. White vinegar is known for its ability to break down the enzymes and eliminate odors, including pet urine.
Say hello to a flawless home: hire the #1 professional cleaning service in Spring
There’s no one like That’s Clean Maids when it comes to all things cleaning. We’ll happily choose the best maids in the city for you. Call us and we’ll match you with cleaning experts who fit your cleaning needs perfectly. Every single one of them is dependable, highly skilled, meticulous, and thoroughly vetted for your peace of mind.
Instead of scrubbing your carpets, you could enjoy a good book at Harris County Public Library, drink coffee with friends in your favorite coffee place, or spend quality time exercising, so let professionals worry about urine stains. Book today!