Cleaning when you’re sick can present a serious challenge. It basically becomes wishful thinking when you feel like the only thing you can do is sleep, or you can’t even do that because your nose is so stuffy you can’t breathe properly. Moreover, this may not be the best time to hire #1 professional house cleaners in Sugar Land either, especially if you’re contagious.
They may help once you’ve won the battle against illness, but what to do in the meantime? Seems like the equation doesn’t have a solution, and knowing how long the flu can survive on bedding isn’t really helping either. Read on for some pretty cool tips on how to clean your house with purpose and quickly, just enough to keep things in check while you’re sick.
How do you clean when you’re sick?
We know it’s not easy to clean while you’re sick, but it’s necessary nevertheless. To keep a clean home and get rid of germs faster, you should:
- Decide on your priorities!
It’s always helpful to compose a list of cleaning tasks which should be done first and those that can be dealt with later.
- One step at a time.
Finish those predefined tasks one by one, whenever you feel you’re up to it, making sure you don’t overwork yourself. Some tasks like taking out the trash, or moving dirty dishes to the sink bring significant progress while taking only a few minutes of your time.
- Let fresh air in.
Ventilate often, especially rooms in which you spend most of your time. If you want to make a speedy recovery, you’ll need fresh air, as it helps get rid of germs, stale smells, etc.
- Ask for help.
If you’re running low on energy, ask your family or friends to help with cleaning. Not only will your house be fresh and clean again, but a friendly visit is sure to lift your spirits and make you feel at least a little bit better.
- Don’t worry.
Even if you don’t manage to clean as much as you wanted to, it’ll be fine. Once the worst is past, you can finish whatever is left undone. Better to rest properly and return to full health, than to strain yourself if it isn’t working.
How can I make my housework faster?
Here’s how you can take care of your housework faster:
- Wash the dishes as soon as possible. Rinsing them and loading the dishwasher can be done pretty quickly and it’ll make a huge difference, preventing germs from having a party in your sink (or worse, on your table, bed or couch).
- While you’re at it, you might as well wash the sink. Remember to clean it regularly, and it’ll only take a minute or two. Wiping kitchen countertops after handling food is essential to keeping any future cleanings quick and easy.
- Store dirty clothes in a laundry basket instead of letting them lie around the house. A great example of time-saving is multitasking: do laundry while you clean.
- Always dust before vacuuming to avoid having to clean the same area twice.
- The same goes for cleaning the bathroom. Do it once you’re done with everything else you planned to clean that day. You don’t want to be rinsing the rags, sponges or mops you use for other rooms over your freshly cleaned, shiny bathroom sink.
- Be meticulous: make sure you do a good job of scrubbing the sink, shower, and toilet, as they tend to be full of germs.
Incredible house cleaners in Sugar Land bring light to your home
The fastest way to clean by far is to let That’s Clean Maids connect you with professional cleaners of the finest quality. Your satisfaction is our first priority, so we select only crème de la crème among cleaning experts, making sure they’re fully vetted and insured, highly-skilled, meticulous and kind.
Why not pay a visit to Houston Symphony Orchestra at Jones Hall and have a fun time? Take your family and friends. Enjoy yourself, forget about all your worries while pros take care of cleaning.
Book today and you’ll be surprised at how fresh and clean your home can be!