Fun Things to Do in Katy TX – Texas’ Quintessential Small Town
Whether you plan on having some seasonal fun, relaxing on holiday, or visiting Texas with your family and children, there are a lot of interesting and exciting things to do in Katy TX that you might not be aware of. Some of these activities and places to visit are well-known, but others are not even known by the Houston community itself.
A Few Details about Katy
Katy is a small town in Texas attributed to the Houston metropolitan area. Located in the Harris, Waller and Fort Bend counties, the city is only estimated to have about 16,000 inhabitants. Nevertheless, Katy TX is definitely an interesting place to visit, as well as a great place for having a lot of fun with the entire family.
The name “Katy” comes from the MKT Railroad Company which used to operate within the area. The city grew steadily from being a small community in the early 1900s, to becoming a peaceful, picturesque town close to Houston, as well as an important destination for many visitors who consider Houston for their holidays.
The most unique aspect of Katy is that the city is an interesting blend of old ranches, suburban communities built in the 1970s and 80s, and newer, upscale communities such as The Enclave and Pin Oak Village. This fact alone is enough to warrant a visit to Katy. However, as you will find, there are many other intriguing attractions that are definitely worth a glance.
The Most Interesting Places in Katy TX
Katy TX is a great place to visit or even live in. If you want to see what it’s like, you can consider renting an accommodation for a short period of time and trying an extended vacation. With all the great things to do in Katy, you won’t be bored or disappointed:
- An RV site, a camping site, a furnished cabin and great outdoor fun – these are just some of the things that will become available to you, should you choose to book a complete vacation at the Splashway Campgrounds near Katy TX.
- Another great option would be Dewberry Farm, with petting zoos, mazes, hay rides and lots of fun for the entire family.
- If you’re with the kids on their birthdays, consider visiting Tilt Studio for some exciting birthday specials.
- For wildlife enthusiasts or anyone who loves nature, the Katy Prairie Conservancy is a must-see. Here you’ll find some of the old prairie lands that Katy was built on to be perfectly preserved.
- Finally, get to the showboat drive-in during evening times for cheap fun with the entire family, watching current blockbuster movies the old-fashioned way.
If you’re interested in fun things to do in Katy TX, you’ll have a lot of enjoyment from the aforementioned activities and visits, whether you plan on just going on holiday here, or moving to Katy. You’ll find the area is not only ripe with excitement, but also uniquely tidy and organized, with everyone from local officials and contractors, to property managers and cleaning companies like That’s Clean Maids, doing their fair share to keep the city as beautiful as we know it.