Your kitchen sink sees a lot of action throughout the day. Whether it’s washing dishes, preparing food, or getting a drink of water, the sink is always in demand. It’s not surprising that it can start to look a bit grimy after a while.
The drain can also start to smell unpleasantly if it hasn’t been cleaned recently. If you’re tired of looking at a dirty sink and drain, there are plenty of professionals in Sugar Land and the rest of TX who can provide you with maid service.
If you’d prefer giving it a try yourself, just follow these simple cleaning guidelines, and the sink and drain will be sparkling in no time.
What is the best way to clean a kitchen sink?
A clean sink is the cornerstone of a well-functioning kitchen. Not only does it contribute to a tidy appearance, but it also helps to prevent the spread of harmful bacteria. While there are a variety of ways to clean a sink, the following steps will ensure that your sink is clean and safe for use.
- Remove debris and dirt: Begin by removing any food debris or dirt from the surface of the sink. If necessary, use a scrub brush to remove any residue. For exceptionally stubborn residue, add a little elbow grease.
- Scrub: Next, fill the sink with hot water and add a squirt of dish soap. Use a sponge or cloth to scrub the entire surface of the sink, paying special attention to areas that are particularly dirty or greasy.
- Rinse and dry: Once you have finished scrubbing, rinse the sink well with hot water. Finally, use a clean cloth or paper towel to dry the sink. This will prevent any water spots from forming and will also help to keep your sink looking shiny and new.
How to clean the kitchen sink drain?
If your kitchen sink drain is starting to smell or is backing up, it’s time for a good cleaning. Here’s how to do it with an environmentally friendly mixture that’s highly effective:
- Remove food: First, use a plunger or a plumber’s snake to remove any food scraps or debris from the drain. This will help to clear the drain and allow water to flow through more easily.
- Add vinegar: Next, mix together a solution of equal parts vinegar and water. Pour this down the drain and let it sit for about an hour. Don’t worry about the smell, it will disappear.
- Flush: After an hour has passed, flush the drain with hot water to remove the vinegar solution. This will help to clear away any residue that may be clinging to the drain and causing problems.
- Add baking soda: Finally, sprinkle some baking soda down the drain and run hot water down it again. This will help to freshen up the drain and keep it smelling clean.
Where in Sugar Land and the surrounding areas in TX can I find a reliable maid service?
Everyone deserves a clean home, but sometimes life gets in the way and we don’t have the time to give our house the attention it needs. That’s where we come in.
At That’s Clean Maids, we connect you with experienced, skilled, and qualified maids who will get the job done right. Booking is easy – just give us a call or visit our website, and we’ll take care of everything else. We’re so confident in the maids we work with that we guarantee 100% client satisfaction.
We can make every part of your kitchen fresh and clean – from removing the stubborn grease stains on the oven to other specifics like sanitizing granite kitchen countertops or even deep cleaning wooden cabinets. Other rooms in the house will be taken care of as well, whether you need them deep cleaned or maintained weekly. Whether you live next to the Sugar Land Memorial Park or another part of the area, we can help you. So why wait? Give us a call today and let us help you make your home sparkle while you take back your free time.