If your house has become a complete mess and you just can’t seem to get motivated to clean, perhaps you should consider hiring professional cleaners in Katy, TX. This way, you’ll get a sparkling clean home and get rid of stress at the same time. If, however, you only need a little bit of inspiration and some cleaning advice, read on!
Have you been wondering what the best way to clean your carpets is, how to declutter your room fast, or how to clean your sink like a pro? Professional cleaners have some amazing tips for sure, so stay tuned for more.
Hopefully, you’ll find some of our ideas refreshing and helpful. Let’s dive right in!
How do you motivate yourself to clean your house?
Everyone needs a break sometimes and it’s completely understandable if you feel like you can’t deal with the mess in your home. Work and other responsibilities keep us busy and our priorities change, so it’s entirely possible to lose motivation to clean your house.
Here are a couple of suggestions on how to motivate yourself to clean again:
- Visualize. If you imagine your home perfectly clean, how neat and beautiful it will look, this alone may get you to start cleaning. You can look for inspiring images of other people’s houses online, taking a moment to think about what you can do to get your space as close to your dream home as possible.
- Imagine the feeling. Imagine how happy you’ll be once the cleaning is finally done. Not to mention the importance of living in a healthy environment. And you can finally forget about stress caused by clutter!
- Buy something new. If you buy a new item for your home, you’ll start thinking about where to put it. Of course, you’ll want to accentuate your new piece, which can be a bit difficult in a messy environment. Just like that, your long lost motivation could come back.
- Make it fun. Put your headphones on and jam to your favorite tune as you clean. Music makes everything better!
- Ask a friend to keep track of your progress. A friend can help you by checking in on your progress if you let them know you’re having difficulty getting motivated to clean.
- Document on social media. Well, you can skip this one if you deem it too stressful, but a bit of pressure is sometimes a good thing. Posting about your cleaning plans on social media will create expectations and sort of hold you accountable, which can motivate you to stick to your cleaning schedule.
How do you clean a messy house step by step?
Once your motivation for cleaning returns and you’ve put on some great music to serve as your cleaning soundtrack, all you need is a guide to efficient cleaning. Here are three steps that guarantee the best results:
Remember: it’s imperative to stick to your cleaning plan.
Write a cleaning checklist and make sure you keep it close every time you clean, so you won’t forget an important task. Be strict about following your cleaning schedule. Cleaning your house regularly (for example every week) will help shorten the necessary cleaning time in future.
If you are consistent and efficient, your house will be tidy and well-organized, making it easier for you next time you clean.
Begin by dealing with clutter.
Taking care of clutter is necessary before you can start the actual cleaning. As you pick up clothes, books, magazines, DVDs, toys, and whatever else you find in the mess, try asking yourself this question: do I really need this? Does it bring me joy?
Answering these questions might help you decide to recycle or donate things you don’t need anymore, things that are only taking up space. Less is truly more: if you get rid of the unnecessary items, there’ll be fewer things to store away, dust and clean.
Dust, vacuum, mop, wipe, scrub.
When you clean, make sure to work one room at a time, from top to bottom, left to right. This way you’ll get everything done more quickly and thoroughly.
- Use your duster to get rid of dust first, so you can get the residue particles when you vacuum and mop later. Be careful not to skip a spot: cover the light fixtures, fans, door tops, picture frames, figurines, and books on the shelves. Use a microfiber and a glass cleaner for screens and similar surfaces.
- Vacuuming the whole place should be next on your list.
- Mop the furthest part of the room and progress toward the door.
- Cleaning the kitchen includes a lot of wiping and scrubbing. The sink, countertops, cabinets, and appliances are waiting for you!
- The bathroom demands proper disinfection and scrubbing, too. Keep this for last as you’ll probably have to rinse your cleaning equipment multiple times before you’re done.
The leading house cleaners Katy, TX residents love
Here at That’s Clean Maids, we cherish our customers and want you to have the immaculate home you deserve. That’s why we’ll go above and beyond to connect you with the finest professional cleaners in the area. Just say the word!
Are you short on time while your house is rich in dirt? No worries. Take your time to relax or stop by Harris County Public Library to catch up on your favorite read before returning to your flawlessly clean home.
Book online or give us a call, and we’ll be happy to arrange a perfect cleaning session for you.