Dust particles can activate allergies and create a variety of health issues, so naturally, you’ll want to prevent dust from settling in your home. However, dust can be incredibly persistent, so much so that sometimes it seems it’ll never go away, no matter how often you clean. Don’t give up! You’re not the only one fighting in this never-ending battle.
If your work is keeping you too busy to even think about household chores, let alone do them, it may be time to weigh your options and check out experts in house cleaning in Tomball. Experienced cleaners bring exceptional skills and professional tips to the table, offering input that’ll help you plan your cleaning and achieve stunning results, whether you’re pondering if you should vacuum or dust first, or which chores should be done weekly, monthly, and daily.
In the following guide, we’ll try to pinpoint what commonly causes dust to appear in your home, and we’ll present you with a few simple, but proven solutions to all your dust problems.
What causes a lot of dust in your house?
Dust tends to gather on every available surface, and may very well become embedded deep into your furniture, or curtains, unless you clean regularly. These annoying particles that get onto your favorite bookshelf every day, are usually composed of many different things: pollen, dirt, fibers, dead skin cells, and pet dander.
Not only does dust collect on surfaces, but it’s also distributed in the air we breathe. Here are some of the main causes of dust, and measures you can employ to tackle the issue:
- The process of vacuuming your carpets. This sounds a bit counterintuitive, doesn’t it? How could vacuuming your carpets make things worse? Well, for one, vacuuming disturbs dust particles and dust mites that have settled down nicely into your carpets. They become airborne again, and the vicious cycle restarts. This problem could be resolved by using a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter. A HEPA filter is a high-efficiency filter with a 99.97% success rate in catching particles of 0.3 µm diameter or larger PM. Other than changing your vacuum cleaner, you could always replace your carpets with hardwood floors.
- Poor quality air filters. Dust consists of a number of exceptionally small particles that can only be caught if your AC uses a filter with a higher MERV (Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value) rating. Air conditioning systems that use thin fiberglass filters most likely won’t get the job done. If your filters rarely get dirty, there is a high probability they’re not absorbing the dust from the air, as they should.
- Air leaks and foot traffic from outside. In addition to dead skin cells, pet dander, textile fibers, and paper, the majority of dust particles enter your home through air leaks or are dragged inside the house on your shoes. Remember to check whether your air ducts are working properly, from time to time. Worst case scenario: they could be pulling out the dust from your attic or other dusty areas of the house and spreading it everywhere.
How do I keep my house from getting so dusty?
If your goal is to prevent dust in your home, a good place to start is to address the major causes we previously discussed. Regular cleaning will help too: make sure to clean your carpets, furniture, and curtains frequently, so that the dust won’t be able to set in deep, and reemerge every time you touch these dusty areas.
Here are a few more tips that’ll help you keep a dust-free home:
- If your vacuum cleaner doesn’t have a HEPA filter, perhaps you should consider buying a new one.
- Set some time aside for your cleaning routines, and make a detailed cleaning plan that’ll help you get everything done quickly and efficiently.
- Use a damp microfiber cloth to wipe the dust off. This way dust won’t simply become airborne after you’ve cleaned a surface, but it will stick to the cloth instead.
Finest house cleaning in Tomball eliminates dust in no time
Summer is nearly over, so here’s an idea: go out and enjoy the sunny days, have fun with your kids in the large interactive playground area of Jerry Matheson Park, and get that vitamin D infusion. Eliminate the dust and cobwebs from your mind, and let the professionals take care of the cleaning for you.
That’s Clean Maids is here to assist you in getting the sparkling clean home you deserve. We’ll be more than happy to match you with the finest cleaning experts in the area, should you choose to give us a call.
Book today and say goodbye to dust!