A fridge is an essential appliance in every household, always running, working hard to keep the perishable food and drinks from going bad. Given the fact that food is so closely connected to health, you want to keep your fridge, as well as other modern stainless steel appliances and frequently used kitchen surfaces in top condition at all times.
If you’re curious to learn how you can include fridge cleaning in your regular house cleaning in Kingwood, and you’d like some useful tips on routine refrigerator maintenance, read on.
What kind of maintenance does a refrigerator need?
Your fridge is running 24/7 so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that it requires proper maintenance to keep operating well. Here are some of the basics you should take care of on a regular basis:
- Cover the food you store in the fridge. This way you’ll prevent spreading odors.
- Clean up spills as soon as they occur, so you won’t have to deal with tough stains later.
- Check the fridge temperature — make sure it’s correctly set, to avoid wasting energy and ensure your food’s safety.
- Don’t keep the doors open for too long — make sure you close them properly.
- Fill your fridge with food and drinks to boost efficiency.
- Make sure to throw out expired food and drinks at least once a week.
- Remember to replace ice once a month to keep it fresh and free of odors.
- Place baking soda in the freezer to pull out unpleasant odors.
Quarterly or a six months maintenance
- Clean condenser coils on the back of your fridge. If you have pets you can do this more often.
- Check the gasket for signs of wear and tear. Make sure you clean it regularly.
- Replace the water filter every six months (or when your fridge notifies you it’s time).
What are the steps to clean a fridge?
We painted a pretty clear picture of elementary refrigerator maintenance, so let’s move on to the rudimentary steps you can take to clean just about any fridge:
- Get rid of spoilt or expired food and beverages. Take care to wash the container that held it thoroughly before using it again.
- Take everything out of the fridge so you can clean thoroughly without fear of knocking down or contaminating any of the food items. Be quick about it, unless you want the food to get spoiled.
- Take out removable parts and let them warm to room temperature before washing them with hot water and soap. Dry them off with a clean towel.
- Clean the inside of the fridge, including doors and fixed drawers with hot water and soap before rinsing with clear water and drying them with a towel.
- Put your shelves, drawers and food back in the fridge.
How often should you clean your fridge?
Your fridge doesn’t need to be cleaned too often, especially if you’re doing a good job of the maintenance. If you make a habit of cleaning as you go, you won’t have to dig deeper into your fridge more than once in three months.
As long as you attend to spills quickly, remember to throw out food that’s gone bad, and stick to good maintenance rules, your fridge will work just fine. However, you don’t have to clean by yourself. You can always delegate, or hire professional cleaning service.
Searching for the finest house cleaning in Kingwood? Here it comes!
Is your house becoming messier by the minute, but you simply don’t have the time or the energy to clean? Instead you feel like visiting Kingwood Community Center, and dream about relaxing in your favorite chair? Well now you can!
Professional cleaners have the best cleaning tricks up their sleeves, whether it comes to cleaning your fridge or any other household appliance. Here at That’s Clean Maids we’ll be more than happy to match you with the reliable team of cleaning experts, every time you call.
Tell us what you’re looking for, and forget about stress. Book now!