Cleaning your house is easy when you plan the tasks right and stay well organized. If your goal is to get the job done quickly and efficiently, you should first figure out the cleaning order that’ll bring the best results. Then you can put together a list of daily chores and create a good cleaning routine.
It’s super important to clean your house regularly, as this way you’ll prevent dirt from piling up, and your home from becoming extremely messy and difficult to clean. This is where cleaning routines come in handy.
If you’re unsure where to begin, or you’re simply eager to learn new tips and tricks, you can check in with the finest maid service in Tomball, TX. Considering their abundant experience, they’re bound to have an answer to just about any cleaning related question, from what causes dust to appear in your home, to how to get rid of it fast.
So let’s start from the top:
In what order do you clean your house?
When deciding in which order to clean your house, the general rule is to do it from top-to-bottom, left-to-right. By firstly cleaning the top of the room (e.g. your ceiling fans, or higher shelves), as opposed to starting from the floor, you’ll avoid spreading the dirt onto the already cleaned lower areas later.
If you clean from left to right, there’s no way you’ll skip a spot. Moreover, starting from the farthest part of the room and moving towards the doors is a wise choice, as this will allow you to move to other rooms without having to walk over the freshly cleaned, wet floors.
To discover the cleaning order that suits you the best, you can come up with your own personalized strategy. Here are some of the steps we recommend:
- Dusting every room top to bottom. Make sure to cover all surfaces including picture frames, computer and TV screens, the top side of the doors, shelves, and furniture. A dry or damp microfiber cloth will do a magnificent job at removing dust and fingerprints.
- Clean the windows and mirrors. Even if you clean the entire house, but overlook the windows and mirrors, it will still look dirty and untidy. Wiping the glass surfaces such as these doesn’t take long, and with the help of a microfiber cloth, there won’t be any smudges left to worry about.
- Clean the table, kitchen counters, and other surfaces. Cleaning every surface thoroughly, and disinfecting afterwards is essential to keeping germs at bay and your living environment healthy. Frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs, light switches, and phones require frequent cleaning sessions.
- Change bedsheets, make beds, and tidy pillows. Here’s another idea: collect dirty bed sheets, pick up clothes that need washing or refreshing, and load the laundry. It’ll be done by the time you finish cleaning the rest of the house.
- Clean the kitchen and the bathroom. Use appropriate cleaning products to disinfect the toilet, sinks, and other particularly germy areas. Remember to clean appliances on the inside, as well as out.
- Mop the floors, sweep where necessary, and finish up by vacuuming the entire house.
What comes first dusting or vacuuming?
Dusting should always come before vacuuming. As we’ve explained earlier, a top-to-bottom approach to cleaning works best because it saves time, as you won’t have to clean the same areas twice. Imagine if you vacuumed your entire home, only to get dust all over your floors the moment you go back to wiping the high shelves, your books, or light fixtures. What a nightmare!
Once you’re done with dusting, you can safely move on to vacuuming. Use a brush extension if you need to vacuum your furniture. Remember to start from the furthest part of the room and keep moving towards the entrance. Don’t worry if you miss a spot, you can always get it next week.
A superb maid service in Tomball, TX for a sparkling clean home
All this talk about dusting and vacuuming may not be that appealing, to say the least. It can even be stressful, especially nowadays when our calendars are already pretty full. Obligations other than household chores can easily take up a lot of our spare time, leaving cleaning at the bottom of our daily to-do list.
Nevertheless, cleaning is a chore that shouldn’t be postponed for too long if you want to live a healthy life. That’s Clean Maids is here to help! You could spend a fun day with your kids at the Railroad Depot, while professional cleaners turn your home into a sparkling clean oasis you dreamed of.
Book online or give us a call and see for yourself!