A white sofa sure looks great in the living room, but keeping it white may prove to be difficult. Everyday use will inevitably produce some spills and stains, but if you handle them right, you’ve got nothing to worry about.
If you have an antique piece of furniture you’re scared of ruining, or you’re unsure how to clean the sensitive furniture yourself, getting professional house cleaning in the Woodlands, TX might be a good idea. These guys sure know how to clean a white sofa and you can pick up some valuable advice, whether you’re looking for tips for a perfectly clean upholstery, or you simply want a stain-free, spotless couch.
How to keep your white couch clean?
Since we all know the dreaded spills are bound to happen sooner or later (sooner rather than later if you have kids and pets), here’s what you can do to minimize damage and keep your white couch clean for a long time:
- Use slipcovers. Prevention is everything. You might be resistant to the idea as, after all, you chose your lovely couch because you liked its bare look. However, slipcovers can save you the headache caused by spills, if you use them on special occasions at least, when things are expected to get more messy than usual.
- No food and drinks on the sofa. If you really hate slipcovers and can’t bear to use them, consider making a rule about not allowing food and drinks anywhere near your beautiful white couch.
- Regular cleaning. As with everything else, regular maintenance of your couch is necessary to keep it shiny white at all times. Depending on the material, make sure you vacuum or wipe your couch down regularly and thoroughly, getting to every nook and cranny. In addition, the whole family can clean together to make it quicker and more fun.
How do you clean a white couch?
A white couch is like a magnet for dirt and dust. They pile up everywhere in no time and if you don’t clean regularly, your pretty white furniture won’t stay white for long. The suitable type of cleaning depends on the material your couch is made of. Fabric sofas should be vacuumed at least once a week while a leather sofa should be wiped down several times a month.
Even with regular care, deep cleaning should be performed every once in a while, if you want your couch looking brand new for longer. However, deep cleaning requires not only more knowledge and experience, but using professional cleaning tools too, which is why we’d recommend hiring experts if you’re not sure you’re up to the challenge.
How do you clean yellowed upholstery?
Why does the upholstery turn yellow in the first place? When it comes to synthetic fibers, a highly probable cause is oily soils and smoke damage. Soils that are responsible for the change in color can be removed by using an alkaline pre-spray intended for synthetic upholstery.
To avoid marks left by water and shrinkage, make sure you don’t use too much water when cleaning upholstery. In fact, the less water you can use, the better. In addition, try to go around metal parts so as to avoid rusting.
How do you clean white furniture that has yellowed?
These four steps to cleaning fabric upholstery with a water solution (don’t forget to check the tag first!) will make your life easier:
- Use a mixer to mix ¼ cup of dishwashing liquid with 1 cup of warm water until you get stiff, dry suds.
- Gently rub the suds into the fabric using a clean cotton cloth.
- Remove the dirty suds and rinse the area with a damp cloth.
- Let the fabric dry completely before using your furniture again.
House cleaning experts in the Woodlands, TX will make your upholstery shine
Summer is almost over, so why not spend the sunny days outdoors, enjoying a family picnic in Avalon Park or playing tennis with kids? Leave the cleaning to experts and reclaim your free time.
That’s Clean Maids is here to help you get the shiny home you deserve. Give us a call and we’ll connect you with the best cleaning professionals in Texas! Besides being amazing at their job, the cleaners we match you with are fully vetted and insured for your peace of mind. Friendly and meticulous, they’ll take great care of your home.
Your sparkling clean home awaits. Book today!